Labels

Wednesday 12 October 2011

My contribution to the music video.

Due to the fact that I wasn't present for the first 2 weeks as I wasn't part of the group at the start of the year. When starting the A2 course in July, Ellis and myself already decided to use 'Down in Mexico' as the song for our music video and luckily, Lubna, Ellis and Katy were still using that song, so everything I had looked at before (like background information on the band and the song) still applied.
To start with, Lubna's attendance was rather poor because of family matters so getting all our idea's down was quite hard. All of us have different tastes in music as well as completely different idea's when it came down to creating the music video. Ellis and I had seen the movie 'Deathproof' which the song was featured in so we thought that we could use the scene it was played in which was a Mexican type bar (Honky tonk) and expand on that idea.
I thought that we could use a band and Katy came up with the idea of having a woman walk in who is attracted to the lead singer and the brainstorming went from there. Ellis knew some of his friends that were willing to take part in the band scenes and I asked one of my friends to be 'the other man' in the music video.
Over all, I think we all done well and worked well as a team, which to be honest, I'm surprised at because although myself and Katy have stuck together from the first lesson, I hadn't spoken to Lubna much before this year and as Ellis and I are from completely different social groups, we had never spoken, but as I said, we all get on very well and have all become friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment